From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 7:53 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1296 517TH PRCT--MARCH 30,2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

The treasury situation has been straightened out yesterday as indicated by mail in this Mail Call.

I will try to send out hotel information again this Sunday in more readable print size and every Thursday here after.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:    Click on these Links for Forms and Information

Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Gene Frice

Ben,

     I was contacted last year by Marlys Buchenau concerning Col.
Gordon Joseph Lippman (charter member of 517, Korea and Viet Nam, KIA
1965). I was assisting her with the history of the 517, the awards the
Col., and the unit had earned, the uniforms we wore and available
sources for additional information. I referred her to your email as
she was seeking additional information concerning the Col. I see that
a number of our members remember him.

     There is additional information concerning Ms. Buchenau and the
Col. His community is honoring him with a dedication on the occasion
of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the community of Lemmon,
South Dakota on July 7-11, 2007.

     She has requested members of the 517th attend the ceremonies in
the Colonel's honor, including of course, you folks who may live in
that part of the US.

     If I may change the subject for the moment. Unfortunately, my
business schedule initially did not offer me the opportunity to attend
the 517th rally in WA DC. My daughters and I necessarily waited to
determine the outcome of that problem. It has been resolved and
therefore everyone will have to put up with me one more time.
Therefore the Frice clan of myself, Karen, and Robin will be in
attendance.

     The two of them will be flying and I will be following the Frice,
Lewis and Clark trail via auto. That being the case, let me change the
subject again. In that I will be making several stops along the CA,
OR, IL, NC, DC  trip.  I advised Ms. Buchenau I would endeavor to visit
SD.

     I have a question for the Bean Counters?  Reference the WA DC
tour schedule. Why are we paying $ 35.00, for the USMC Evening Parade.
I have attended a dozen times, both as a VIP invited guest as well as
a plain old visitor - it's free, or always has been. Transportation
maybe? - $ 35.00? I'll walk.

Irma Targnion

Hello Ben,
A long time ago, Mr. Joe Holten asked me to look for a family with 6 children all red-haired. He met them in the area of Manhay during the Battle of the Bulge. A certain Mr Lallemand called me yesterday evening and I gave him the name of Howard Heinsleigh because I thought Howard was looking for this family.  I cannot join Mr Lallemand to-day and we are just on our way to go to the belgian seaside. I think that he will send an E-mail to you because he would like to contact Joe Holten (F cy). Joe Holten was surprise when he met them because he is also a red-haired person ! Thank you.
Best wishes for a Happy Easter to all of you and lots of love from Trois-Ponts.
Irma Targnion
Bob Dodds,

Hi Ben, Bob again, Do you perchance have the name or contact information on the Harry Goldberg inquiry? If you do, I will try to follow it up. Bob Dodds (630-247-9842) If any of the men reading this have just the slightest amount of information on Harry or Bob, please contact me. Bob Jr. (THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOU DO TO CONNECT PEOPLE)

JOE CALDER

I do not have the memory of Howard.  In fact, I usually can not recall
what happened last week.  I know that I have not sent any financial support
for a while.  Tell me who and where to send it and I will send a couple
of hundred dollars.

Tom McAvoy

Hey Ben I thought my dues were due in Aug.07  But from the past history I was able to bring up it is due now??  Where do I send it??  Tom McAvoy
Tom McAvoy

Ben I remember  Goldberg  even the short period I was in H  Co. (assigned from Regt. S-2 to H company for our shipment over seas and our fight into Italy, then was transferred to 3-Btn S-2  for the jump into France) He was a staff Sgt. in our platoon (same one Dotty was in?? under Lt. Garret Dotty chime in here??  Tom McAvoy
Mike Kane

Hi Ben.  Re the inquiry about the History Channel DVD from their "Shootout" series, this link will take you right to page to buy the Battle of the Bulge DVD

Best regards,

Mike Kane
 Bob Cooper

 Ben
Don't know if you or any one has seen this looks interesting