From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:26 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1366 517TH PRCT- JULY 18, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I try to limit the size of Mail Call to four printed pages for various reasons.

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.          Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 Details in later Mail Calls.

Recent website additions:

Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
Robert Magnuson and friends, H Company
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

1993 517th Reunion Booklet - Niagara Falls, NY

1991 517th Reunion Booklet - Sparks, NV

517 PRCT Association  Officers

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

Judie (Chestnut) Edwards

Hi Ben.

I wanted to share the information that my Dad, Bruce Chestnut, is doing so much better after suffering a light stroke while attending the reunion in Washington last month.  He was so disappointed at having to miss all the great activities and not being able to visit more with everyone.  The stroke only affected his left hand, and luckily enough, it appears to be back to normal.  We were happy to be able to visit with many of you -- albeit for a short time -- in Washington, and are certainly looking forward to a good time with the 517th in Florida.

Thank you!

Judie (Chestnut) Edwards

Fred Scheurwater ( Netherlands )

Dear Mister Barrett,

I have seen your website and it's amazing what a story's standing on
your website.
I am Fred Scheurwater from the Netherlands and I belong to the same
group from Ronald Stassen the Dutch Band of Brothers, I am also the
webmaster from our website www.band-of-brothers.nl and
www.band-of-brothers.be

I have seen the story of Eric Anderson, unbelievable what he has
making true in to the past.
But now my question, can I buy his movie what tell about his
biography, for the next reason.
Our group have more then 30 members and we meet each other ones in the
two months, and most of that time we do training and study and talk
with each other about the situations and experience from the people in
that special time, the period of WWII.
And sometimes we showing an movie what is from that time, and the
Movie about Eric Anderson is a movie what tells about the experience
from him, but also from his friends, family and the people from that
time.

So we can learn, and then we can pass the word about this, because our
philosophy is "You can learn about peace, when you know what is war"
I hope that you understand what I am try to explain?

Hopefully see I your answere back,

Thanks for now,

Kind regards,

Fred Scheurwater

Netherlands.

From Mickael, Lizy and son Adrien. southern France
Dear president, Dear Ben,  Dear Claire and all members family & friends from the 517th

Let's me apologize for the delay be in touch with the mail call to tell you what a great time we spend together, and one more time the outstanding reunion you all made this year. UNFORGATABLE ! congratulation...
Lizy my son Adrien and myself want to express our sincere respect to each of you, for the warmest hospitality friendship and cares each of you  gave us. nothing change since my first reunion 10 years ago in Palm spring.You always are in our mind, and our thoughts...
One more time a big big big THANKYOU.!!!
after the reunion we spend time visiting NewYork, we miss the 4th of july in DC with the big storm and rain we had..
Unfortunately when I get back to South France, I had  very sad news informing that tow of our good friends from the french resistance passed away last weeks, they were what we call here " resistants from the fisrt hours" like Aimé Leocard was.
One, Sylvain Jean.Baptiste was in the secret army up in the forest in the" weapons & ammo landing supply section" in perfect coordination with London with BBC . Him with his group organise all the airborne weapons supply operation for the region since the early years of the war. On "D" day and day after  Sylvain fight the germans with the US 7th army 20 miles West of Draguignan and joined the Us army volonteer for the rest of the war, to the bulge, and germany.
the second friend was Henri Parlarieux, from Draguignan he was french resistant fighter in  a very dangerous team also,and have to carry and dispatch all weapons and ammo from the caves, up in the mountain to each team of resistant in enemy lines in Draguignan, Le Muy area. On D day he was in operation in Lorgues, 6 miles West from DZ, he met sticks from B co scattered there, fight together and became one of the 517th french scout.
what a coincidence.. With a great Sadness I heard about the death of Ed "dog" Jordan, and after 63 years, God asked them to come together in few days of differences..
Effectively, after many years of searches, henri was all the time asking to look for friends paratroopers, and had all the time with him some photos. in 1997, with the help of Clark Archer, we put in touch Henri and his brothers in arms from the "B" company landed in Lorgues, including Ed" Dog" Jordan we still have the photo they made together on the 15th of august 1944 . In may 1999, at Columbus 517th reunion, we informed the mayor of Lorgues that we were going, and met Ed Jordan, and he decided to presented him the medal of the city, as a honorate citizen. we never stopped to make the relation between Henri & Ed
thoses following words are from Ed JORDAN, in his last letter :
"My dear friends Jean Michel & Eric,
thank you for your time and effort you put into the 517th museum.
with this letter are few articles, the last i have pertaining the 517th parachute regimental combat team. I hope you can use them.
If you should run into Henri, from Lorgues the FFI french resistant fighter, give him my sincerest regards.
May you, and your lovely wife live a long, happy and healthy live.
sincerely yours,
Ed "Dog" JORDAN
God bless you brother in arms, Sylvain, Henri, and Ed...you always be in our hearts.
(Ben, as soon as possible I will sent you more documents and photos from museum archives, we will be so pleased if you have a small place for them in you web site for their memory...thankyou)
Warmest personals regards from your "for ever friends" Mickael, lizy, Adrien,& Eric.
AIRBORNE MUSEUM ; le muy france

           Eric                           Ed. Jordan             Michael

Michael                     Adrien                Vanassa     Lizy

Karen    Claire  Lizy     Robin        Jeanne -in front