From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 8:46 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1363 517TH PRCT- JULY 16, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 in later Mail Calls.

Recent website additions:

Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
Robert Magnuson and friends, H Company
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

1993 517th Reunion Booklet - Niagara Falls, NY

1991 517th Reunion Booklet - Sparks, NV
596th PCEC portraits
Colonel Bill Boyle in Southern France
517th Regimental S-2 Section in France 1944
Bill Boyle news article

517 PRCT Association  Officers

Dick  Setiz

For The Jordan Family.  My heartfelt sympathy on the passing of Ed.  Ed was a great paratrooper and loyal member of the 517th  he was a fine supporter    of the association and could always be counted on to help.  For years Ed  made by hand some large clocks decorated with the crests of the 517th unites and donated the clocks at various reunions.  Ed was a great paratrooper. loyal 517th trooper and great American.  Ed, Dog will be missed.  Dick Seitz
Bob Barrett

Forwarding this email below from Rhonda Wells to Elaine Berger.

There is a list of current 517th members and friends available at http://517prct.org/roster.pdf and http://517prct.org/roster_by_co.pdf

We don’t publicize this on the website, since we don’t want to give out personal emails and addresses to the public.

I am publishing Rhonda’s two pictures soon.   I will blur out the name on the gravesite.

Photo E-mail Play slideshow | Download images
On Mail Call No. 1361, dated July 14, 2007, Elaine Becker (Berger) Posted several photographs she had of an uncle:  Robert Magnuson, H company.  I recognize one of the men in one of the photographs as my (step) father, Chester A. Wells.  I'm including MY copy of that photograph and wonder if you would forward this email to Ms. Becker.

For Ms. Becker's information, the man on the left is my father: Chester A. Wells.  I don't know the name of the other person.

There is another photograph that I have that I believe is similar to one that Ms. Becker has.  Her photo shows two men in a foxhole.  My photograph shows only one man; but I'm pretty sure it is the same foxhole and one of the men.  I'm forwarding that one also.

I would very much like to communicate directly with Ms.l Becker: If you forward this information, please give her my email address.

I have included the information my father wrote on the back of each picture.  If she can provide any information about the photographs, I'd very much like to get it.

I know there was (is?) a file on the 517 website that shows the names and emails of many persons associated with the 517, but for the life of me I can't find it on the web site tonight!!!

Any assistance is appreciated.

"Howard Hughes
Sospel-France 1944"
"Wells and don't remember. Sospel Fr."

Tom McAvoy

Ben  I had a good friend  named Elmer Anderson in 1st Btn.  I don't remember what company ( we had been in Regt. Hdq Co. Intelligence training together in Toccoa) He was from Indianapolis,Ind. Got married on our last furlough before going overseas, Was KIA and I have been unable to find anything about him??  This guy Anderson listed in last mail call was not him?? do you know of another Elmer Anderson in the 517????
tom McAvoy
                                                    ***********
We have 13 Andersons on our roster but no Elmer- Ben
Bob Barrett

At Baghdad International Airport:

Bob Dalrymple

For Don Saunders . So now you have a "claim -to -fame ". Congrats. Bob Dalrymple ,596th Engrs

Howard Hensleigh

BEN:  HOW COULD WE LIVE WITHOUT FRIENDS LIKE YOU.

NEW ADDRESS:

795 WILLOW ROAD

BLDG. 331, UNIT C

MENLO PARK,, CA 94025

I WILL GIVE YOU A PHONE # SOON AND PROBABLY WILL GET A CELL AND CARY IT.

DOING THINGS LONG DISTANCE WITH THE VA GOT STRESSFUL AND I DECIDED TO GET SETTLED IN A PLACE WHERE THERE WOULD BE NIGHT AND DAY ASSISTANCE IF THINGS GOT SCREWED UP.   i AM IN LONG TERM VA CARE HERE 7 MILES FROM THE VA SCI HOSPITAL IN PALO ALTO.  THERE ARE 2 DOCTORS FOR UNIT C AND PLENTY OF NURSES AND HEALTH CARE PERSONNEL. THINGS MOVE AT THE VA PACE, BUT I AM WELL SATISFIED WITH THE FACILITY AND CARE.  SOME EDUCATION ON THEIR PART AND SOME ON MINE.

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT REUNION.  JAN WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY THAT WHAT WE DID MAY HAVE HELPED TO LAY THE GROUNDWORKS FOR A FEW YEARS TO COME.

MY LOVE TO ALL THE TROOPERS,  HH

PS  I DID THIS ON A VA COMPUTER, BUT MAY HAVE MY OWN BROUGHT DOWN.  SO FAR IT WORKS.  HH

Howard Hensleigh

THERE IS NO QUESTION, "AIRBORNE" STOTT WAS KILLED BY FRIENDLY FIRE WHICH FELL SHORT OF THE BUILDINGS OF MANHAY AND LATE.

FLOYD AND HIS PLATOON WERE LAID LOW IN AN OPEN FIELD.
HOWARD HENSLEIGH

Lory Curtis

Ben,
    I hope Myrle Traver is reading Mailcall because he gave me his
telephone number at the reunion.  Now I can not find it since seeing him
at the reunion.  I need to talk to Myrle about his experience being
captured.  If he can email me or call me I would very much appreciate
it.  lcurtis@utah.gov or 801 232-0009.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ 1st BN

Charlie Cook

Ben-Just to let you know that we will be signing off the email for now.  Computer problems.
Also, The reunion was just great!!

Charlie and Bernice