From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 5:45 PM
Subject: Fwd: MAIL CALL NO. 1606- 517TH PRCT-AUGUST 24,2008

Reunion 2009 will be in Salt Lake,
Please empty your Mail Box so that I wont get mail returned.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt. Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the Thunderbolt. Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY 12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace 66295 Highway 20 Bend, OR 97701

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion January 17,18,19, 20, 2009
 Banquet on the 20th (Tuesday) and Departing on the 21st (Wednesday)
Hosted by: Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard
 Location: Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway
 7470 Highway 192 West
 Kissimmee, Florida 34747
Tele: 1(800)327-9170 FAX 1(407)396-4320
web site: www.ramadagateway.com
Contact: Leila Webb
4155 Kissimmee Park Road
 St. Cloud, Florida 34772
Tele:(407)892-3595

Howard Hensleigh

Jean-Loup:

I am very happy to have the items in my scrap/photo book scanned and permit your use of them in any way you see fit, including publication.  There is a good possibility that Ben might like to add some or all of them under my name on the website.  If so I can give an account of the item to accompany the item, if that is desired.

It was my pleasure to meet you and your brother and to find that it was so easy to confer with you about the Southern France part of WWII.  You were on top of all the terms, geographically as well as those used in the life of a soldier.

I trust you are well on your way back to Southern France and that it is as picturesque as  we left it these many year ago.

Howard Hensleigh

Susan Scherer Clark

Hello Ben been awhile since I had visited the site.  A lot of things were happening these past months with Mom and Dad's health changing.  Both of them moved to a nursing home in Black River Falls WI last year to be closer to my home.  This past July mom passed away so things are again changing.  Dad is doing well and just wanted to update his address with you and again express how proud he has always been of "his" group.  Thanks for all you do for the Association.  Dad does not have email at all just the regular service.
Roger B Scherer
1311 Tyler St  #204
Black River Falls, WI 54615

Thank you,
Susan Scherer Clark
Bob Cooper

Dear Ben
I had no trouble receiving any or all Mail Calls also links and download's
Keep Up the Good Work
Bob

Dick Miller

BEN YOU ARE COMING IN LOUD AND CLEAR.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE GOOD WORK YOU AND YOUR HAVE DONE FOR THE 517
AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY.
DICK MILLER
A-460 PFA

Frank
Dear Ben,

 I am mailing 3 CD’s containing the pictures we took and the reunion in St. Louis. They are unedited and you may use them as you want.

 Contents of each disk are as follows:

 Disk 1    Reunion Activities on Saturday and the Banquet on Sunday

Disk 2    One-half of the pictures we took at the parachute jump and pictures we took last December at the National Liberation Museum, in Nijmegen, The Netherlands

Disk 3    The other half of the pictures we took at the parachute jump

 Just a little information about the National Liberation Museum; the museum was built and the artifacts were gathered by the people of Nijmegen and dedicated as a memorial to the paratroopers who made the Supreme Sacrifice in Operation Market Garden (October 1944).

 Thank you very much for your wonderful work the keep the association alive and we hope you enjoy the pictures.

 Sincerely,

 Karol and Frank Vella

Gina Votti

Hello, Mr. McAvoy!

I remember your and Dad's friendship very well.
It's so wonderful to hear from you.  Where are you these days?  I will check the roster.

I vaguely remembered my folks talking about the "lion" incident once when I was very young -- mother said something like -- "Oh Carl, I can't believe they did that to you..."   (which was put Dad in the cage with the lion while Dad was sleeping).   Then, when  I saw the "mascot" in Battling Buzzards, I realized that this really happened, where & when!

What reunion are you talking about?  The 20th at Fort Bragg?  I think Dad also went to one in New Orleans after he retired.  Could that have been the 40th?

Gina Votti