From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 8:21 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1565- 517TH PRCT- JUNE 16, 2008

I forget to attach Morris McDowell's download of Taps in last Mail Call.
 Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls  by clicking on

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29
517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

Lory Curtis

Thanks Ben for the great comments about my Dad, I sure agree and miss him terribly.  As for the book I am only bringing 6 copies because that is all I have left.  I will definitely save one for you.  I wasn't sure if anyone would be that interested in them so I didn't have the publisher print any more off.  If you think there will be interest I will try and see if he can do a rush order for me.  I have a brochure that I made for people to order books with.  I decided it was too hard to have soft back and hard back books to I have only made hard back books lately.  They are costing me $35 without shipping to print.  If you think we could sell them at the reunion for more, then any profit would go to the 517th.  Of course the soft back books are cheaper.  Only $22 without shipping costs.  If you will tell me how many books I should have printed I will try and get them done.  Also if you think the soft back would be a better seller I will do that.  As far as a bio for the book I have it on that order form that I will email you from my house tonight.  I dont have it here with me at work.  Are you expecting me to talk about all the great things to do here in Salt Lake for a possible site for next year???
Lory
                                            **********
Letters Home: A Paratrooper's Story should be in possession of all 517th PRCT members. It tells it like it is or was to be in the 517 from Training Camp to the Foxhole from the perspective of an individual soldier and a great man who wrote over 130 letters home to his mother during World War II. - Ben

Gina Votti

Thank you, Ben.

Could you please add my father onto your awesome roster?

Carl E. Votti, Company B.
Gina, daughter
512 An County Rd 147, Palestine, TX  75801

Jay Sutcliff

Hey Ben,

I’m receiving Mail Call and enjoying it everyday.  My e-mail is screen, but I have the option of receiving it, which of course I do with regards to Mail Call.  Sorry for the confusion, but please continue to send to the e-mail address you have for me, and thanks for all your hard work, it does not go unnoticed.

Jay

 Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,
        I have been collecting WWII items for a few years now. Would it be appropriate to bring them and show them to people? I have 2) Nazi Flags and medals and also some bayonets and a Storm Trooper dagger, to name a few and I also thought about bringing my 13th airborne book because it has a lot of pictures of the 517th including a couple of my dad and Jim Suttcliffe!  What do you think ?  Rick Sweet
                                    *********
By all means bring them. That is what the reunion is all about. - Ben
 Bev Strothkamp

Good Afternoon Ben:

Wanted to tell you that I'm finally receiving Mail Call!!!  For some reason they were going to my deleted files.....

These computers are very humbling!!

Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

BEV

Lili Marlene

Lili Marlene is a World War I German Marching song. The German troops sang it in the trenches, and it was picked up by British, American, and French troops, ...