From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:49 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL 1490 517TH PRCT- February 14, 2008

   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

West Coast trip canceled. I will not be able to visit Howard Hensleigh.

I expect to leave for the West Coast Thursday Feb. 14 and return Feb 22. I will have a laptop with me and there should not me much interruption in Mail Call.

We are starting a fund with volunteer contributions to assist our friends from Belgium and France to attend the St. Louis reunion. You can send a contribution to Leo Dean at  14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany New York 12203

You must notify me when you change email address.

Please let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO .

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

We up dating theThunderbolt roster. Please send mailing address to Helen Beddow HBeddow@cs.com  please include the name "517th" in the subject box.

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (
cover, article)

Dick Seitz

I agree with Morris and his suggestion to honor our departed comrades at the St Louis reunion.  Morris said he has put something together on this subject and I would suggest that our president, Darrell appoint him to do this.  I certainly am willing to help in any way the president so desires.  Such a presentation would have to be approved by our reunion chair person and the family of Don Fraser. Seitz

Chris Lindner
Hi All:

I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a reduced price for the banquet dinner and breakfast buffet at the St. Louis 2008 Reunion for children.  The price will be $30.00 for the ages of 4-12.  There will be no additional charges for the registration fees for children of this age.

Thank You.

Chris Lindner

Bob Dalrymple

MORE PHOTOS FROM IRMA

Jean-Luc GABRIEL, Mayor of Trois-Ponts signes the Golden Book.  2008 -feb. 9th.

RECEPTION, with Maria and some members of CADUSA

Hal and Jeanne Roberts With Maria GASPAR

Hal Roberts in Wanne.