From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:07 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1259 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY

 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

 Hello,

Urgent: It is imperative that you register as soon as possible for the hotel rooms for the reunion. We have contracted for 130 rooms and if we need more I will inform the hotel. However, rooms are being filled fast at the Doubletree for that period of time in Washington.
Reservations received after May31 will be provided  on a space available at prevailing rates.  Mentioned the 517 if reserved by phone.
Prevailing  rates are $219-$259. We are getting them for $109.
Ask for confirmation online.

Washington Reunion. Early Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Peter Jansson

Dear Mr. Barrett:  Thank you for your help and research.  Dad has been moved to Jordan hospital in Plymouth.  He is currently in the critical care unit battling respiratory problems and pneumonia.  Dad right now has a tube in his throat to breathe, and is pretty sedated.  We are praying and hoping the doctors can bring him out of these tough situations, and bring him back to his old self.  He was moved from South Shore to Jordan on Thursday the 1st of February.  Dad is stable now, and I will be going to visit him.  The night he was moved to Jordan, I went up to visit at 11:30 p.m. an hour after he had arrived.  Although he was not cognizant of my presence, I did whisper in his ear to get better so we can go to the 517th reunion this June.  I hope he heard me.  Do you think it is appropriate for me to contact the Jackopsic family?  Before dad had this unfortunate accident, he spoke of hoping to reach him.  I can't thank you enough for everything - I am printing your mails and the mail call you sent for dad.  With respect and admiration,  Peter Jansson.
                                                             ***********
Peter's Dad is Bertil Jansson B Co.
Lou Darden

Ben I was looking for the archived mail calls. & found I had saved some that are not on the list. Sorry I did not save more. But I am attaching the 2 that I have found & you & Bob can add them to the list. Do you know of anyplace that I could search for the home towns of the troopers where they might have lived & graduated High School. Thanks LOU Darden P S when I looked again I had some #'s wrong & this is the only one I have found to date. LOU
                                                                              ***********

June Huffman

Hello everyone -- this is a mass mailing to everyone in my e-mail address book to let you know I have a new e-mail address.

Effective immediately, my new address is   koonus@sbcglobal.net

Put it in your address book and let me hear from you.  I have a new computer and I need to use it a lot to learn how to work everything.

Keep those messages coming---

June Huffman

A bit of history
 Date: Nov. 4, 2006, 0903 Hour
Subject: : PEARL HARBOR photos found in an old Brownie stored in a footlocker

These are very interesting photos and hard to believe they were taken by a Brownie, some 60 odd years ago. The 13th picture is really interesting, taken as her magazines exploded. This was probably the Arizona.

Interesting piece of our history....

THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM A SAILOR WHO, I'M TOLD, WAS ON THE USS QUAPAW ATF-11O. INTERESTING AS I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM ANYWHERE ELSE.

                                                             ******************
Several members have sent the above to me. The photos are real but the story is phony.
One would have to be  on ship, on land and in the air to take these photos. The photos have appeared in many articles about Pearl Harbor. The USS Quapaw AFT-110 was not even built until well after the attack on Pearl Harbor. - Ben

World War WII Song

WHEN ALL THE LIGHTS GO ON AGAIN (ALL OVER THE WORLD)
(Eddie Seller / Sol Marcus / Bennie Benjamin)
Bing Crosby

When the lights go on again all over the world
And the boys are home again all over the world
And rain or snow is all that may fall from the skies above
A kiss won't mean "goodbye" but "Hello to love"
When the lights go on again all over the world
And the ships will sail again all over the world
Then we'll have time for things like wedding rings and free hearts will sing
When the lights go on again all over the world (2x)