From: Ben517
Sent: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 8:37:44 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1081 517TH PRCT--MARCH 21, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I had trouble sending out Mail Call #1080 because my address book (325) apparently is too large. I now have two address books and have to send it out twice in order to reach all..

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Adrinna  Polk

My husband, Floyd L. Polk, Company D, passed on Wednesday, March 15, 2006. I want to make sure the 517th "boys" know how much Floyd appreciated and enjoyed you all. You were his family. His happiest days were spent telling stories and laughing with his buddies at the 517th reunions. As you know, we haven't missed one since Colorado Springs. Also, I'd like to express how much I've appreciated reading your kind words in the Mail Call over the past few days and telephone calls.
Adrianna Polk
Bill Christian
Ben As promised here is the latest list of troopers and families who have signed up for the West Coast reunion  in April.[517] Lud/Marty Gibbons, Alex/Vera Sierra, Jay/Rita Castello, Marv/Ricky Tetreck, Ben/Ida Shankman, Gene/Sarg Snyder, Gene/Edie Brissey, Gene Frice/Daughters, Betty Davis, Vera Anderson/Jerry Davis, Ray Duran /family, Don Fraser, Rita Davis, Judy Downey, Ben Barrett, Richard Demmel , Bettye Nash ,G.L. Davis, Barney/Lee Hekkala [banquet] [596] Bob Dalrymple, Bill/Gloria Hudson, Harold/Jeanne Roberts, Manny/LaVerne Ventoza, Bill/Marge Conger&family, Vince/Pat Podrasky, Elaine Markle & family, Bill/Sophia Christian[460], Joe/Marie Louise Spencer Hope I haven't missed anyone, if so give me a call asap, I'm trying to get a handle on the count for the caterers. Thanks Bill

Michael Arterburn
 I just wanted to encourage 517th members and their families to consider sending 517th memorabilia to the Stephens County Historical Society Museum.  They are eagerly searching for items to display regarding the 517th.   My father, S/Sgt Nello R. Arterburn of the 3rd Battalion, Company G, passed away in 1985.   I have held his uniform, patches and dozens of small memorabilia items including photos since then.   Realizing, as I am now considered a senior citizen, that if something should ever happen to me, all these items would probably end up in some trash pile somewhere.   So, I have sent many of the items to the museum with the hope that they will be cherished by many who visit the museum in years to come and that the memory of the sacrifices of the brave men of the 517th will live on and be honored in history through the collection by museum's such as the Stephens County Museum.   So, if you are like me and looking for a place to display your 517th historical items, contact the SCHSM.  They are very easy to work with and will be ecstatic to receive any and all 517th items.
Contact Steve Tilley at setilley@alltel.net or call or e-mail me for more information.

Michael N. Arterburn
Proud Eldest Son of S/Sgt Nello Renic Arterburn
1-800-350-5445
Gordon Stewart

Does anybody know if there are any plans being made for the Celebration of Operation Dragoon in Southern France 2007?
Can you point me to a contact in France who may be able to provide some information?
 Thanks
 Gordon Stewart
Ben
 Thanks
 No I am not a member of the 517th, although I attended the 517th reunion in Oklahoma City.  I am a member of the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team and we were looking at the possibility of making a demonstration jump in southern France.
 I have sent an email already to the Museum.
 Thanks for your help.
 Gordon
The WWII Airborne Demonstration Team's Honor Guard put on an outstanding drill at the Oklahoma City reunion and the poster drawing by Dan was awesome.-Ben