From: Ben517
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:08 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1017 517th PRCT-NOVEMBER 25, 2005

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I have in this Mail Call a newspaper article sent to me by Terry Casey. Some may have trouble receiving it. However, we will soon place it on the website.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205-7904

John Alicki

 Ben....In rummaging through some old records I came across the original certificate from The Parachute School certifying that I satisfactorily completed the prescribed course in Parachute Packing, Ground Training, and Jumping from a plane in flight, and therefore, entitled to be rated from this date, January 16, l943, as a qualified Parachutist.  It is signed by Brigadier General, Howell, Commandant.

I'm  sending you a copy via U.S. Mail.

 Don Gentry

Hello Ben, Just saw the monument with question marks in Mail Call No. 1016. It is on the walkway from the visitors parking lot to the Airborne Museum in Fayetteville, NC. I took a similar picture in June of 2002. This was about the only thing I saw that gave recognition to the 517th. I'm not sure what they have added on the inside since that time.

Note that  the 460th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion (460th PFAB) and the 596th Parachute Combat Engineer Company (596th PCEC) are not recognized as members of this PRCT. They may have their own monuments along the walkway. Perhaps one of your members could pay a visit for a headcount. Maybe their logos could be added to the area next to the 517th. That may be why there is so much space available. Wonder what it would cost?

Don Gentry

Jim Royer

Ben,  I had a wonderful visit from Eddie Montfort. He was visiting D.C.
and the 106th reunion. He then stayed the weekend with John Schaffner, a
member of the 106th. I was not well, suffering from two weeks of
diarrhea and losing 13 pounds, (they are still searching for the cause)
. So John brought Eddie to see me on Sunday afternoon.  June and I were
to go to John's for dinner. What a wonderful young man is Eddie
Montfort. It was indeed a great pleasure to meet him. We had a great
visit. He presented me with a small figure of an American soldier, made
by a friend of his. I gave him my money clip from our Savannah reunion.
We are so proud to have such wonderful friends from Belgium, such young
friends who were not even born when we fought for their freedeom, and
who take such a great interest in us. I shall always cherish the memory
of Eddie's visit.
                                       Jim Royer, Hq 3rd.

1944 Banquet in Belgium

               Bill  Boyle       Maria Gaspar        Bob Dalrynple    Irma Targnion